Lance Backs McCain Defense Bill
WASHINGTON, D.C. --- Congressman Leonard Lance (NJ-07) strongly supported the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 (H.R. 5515) today in an overwhelming bipartisan vote of 359-54.
“Russia, ISIS and the world’s bad actors are the losers in this bill. Our Nation’s strong military is involved in matters of security, diplomacy, humanitarian assistance and peacemaking around the world and they need the resources and strategies contained in this legislation. And fittingly this legislation is named for Senator John McCain, one of this country’s greatest military heroes and United States Senators. This strong legislation is a tribute to his outstanding service to our Nation,” said Lance.
Contained in the final package is legislation Lance authored creating a commendation for military working dog handlers lost in the service to the Nation. The following New Jersey military working dog handlers have been killed in action:
- Charles Paul Brown, Army, South Amboy
- Alden John Bullwinkel, Army, Dunellen
- Christopher Zeno Czarnota, Army, Perth Amboy
- Robert William Elliot, USMC, Woodbury
- Richard Edward Ford, Army, Surf City
- Claude Joseph Gaspard, Army, Short Hills
- James Allen Jonson, Army, Jersey City
- Benjamin Mason Jr. USMC, Piscataway
- David Alan Nudenberg, Army, Caldwell